Graduation

Graduation

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Birthday, Hannah!

My sweet and precious Hannah,

photo credit: Laura Roush Photography
Today, you turn five years old, and my mind is taken back to the day you came into this world.  Having been born at 3:12 in the morning, you were in some kinda hurry compared to your brothers. I didn't miss a meal.  Always the parent pleaser.

Fast forward a few years and we've got this sweet, quiet, bright, friendly, little beautiful girl with a heart of gold.

This has been a very good year for you.  You have come out of your shell in a mighty way making friends wherever you go.  And I do mean wherever...the library, Chik-fil-A, karate, and the grocery store if I let you chat long enough.  It's nice to see that since you've always been very reserved.  The confidence you've displayed this year becomes you.

You started preschool and are now begging for more schoolwork. Teaching you has been a whole different world than what I'm used to.  You spend a lot of time begging for more...wanting to know more and learn more and have your turn.  You're a catching things rapidly which allows for extra playtime, as well.

You are my little shadow.  You want to do what I do, sit where I sit, go where I go.  It can be very sweet and very humbling as I see myself through your eyes.  May the Lord be ever with me as I try and set a good example for you, my dear girl.

Sometimes, I wonder what things will be like as you get older and I have to stop and remind myself that what we are doing now will influence how things will be years from now.  How do we spend our days?  What will you remember from your childhood?  What do I want you to remember?  When asked what was important to your family, what would I want you to say?  I need to put first things first.  I hope I do that in a very visible way for you.  I hope you always know in what order our priorities should be.

You are a sweet and precious member of this family.  You are loved beyond comprehension, and I am very thankful to be your mother.

I love you, sweet Hannah-Bella.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: