Graduation

Graduation

Thursday, October 11, 2012

What I Know Now

What do I know?

A whole lot less than I used to think I knew.  What's the poem about the wise old bird?

A wise old owl sat in an oak.
The more he heard, the less he spoke.
The less he spoke, the more he heard.
Why aren't we all like that wise, old bird?

Seriously, I think about that poem often.  I'm a mom with young children who are growing up quickly.  I know a few things, but not much.  I'm learning.  Always and constantly learning. Learning to study my children and look to the Lord for His direction. Learning that as soon as I know something about my kids, something changes.  They change.  They grow.  Circumstances change.  Their needs change.

I know that I have to pray more. Teach my children more.  Give them my time more.  Beg God for wisdom more.

Other than that, I'm not quite sure what I know.

*This afternoon, I decided to link up with Sarah Mae's What I Know Now!

No comments: