Graduation

Graduation

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Right now...

Right now, three out of four children are sleeping on the living room floor.  They started out in beds, but when Deron's out of town, they all end up in my room.  Two or three end up in the bed with me, and the others make a blanket mound on the floor.  I don't mind.  I kinda like having them all within seeing distance.  I never sleep as well when Deron's out of town, and the three hour time difference is a little annoying.  By the time he gets off work out there, it's time for the kids to get to bed.  This week is a good week for travel since we're keeping our schoolwork to a minimum, and we can actually talk on the phone in the mid morning.  I don't normally answer the phone during school hours.

We're semi-spring-breaking yesterday and today, reading, math, read aloud time, and a couple of science experiments.  I have some great audio books to listen to during our long car rides. Thursday of this week through Tuesday of next week is the official spring break.

I'm flying out Thursday night to be with Deron for our 11th anniversary coming up on the 23rd.  I'll only be there for a few days, but since he was already having to go to California for two weeks, we thought my flying out there would be a lot of fun.  He never sight sees when he travels.  He says it's no fun by himself.

The kids are very excited to get to spend time with family for a few days, and they want to go ahead and leave. I was nervous about flying alone, and I had a friend assure me that I will be relaxed.  She said the flight attendants will probably have to drag me out of my deep sleep and force me to get off the plane.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself while Deron's at work on Friday, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

No comments: