Graduation

Graduation

Monday, November 11, 2013

On being timid...


I think that some children are more inclined to be shy.  Grace is my timid one.  She's far more reserved than my other three children, and yet she's very perceptive.  She can pick up on social cues and remove herself from uncomfortable situations easily.

We went to quite a birthday party, a My Little Pony party, this past weekend. There were the most creative crafts. "Get your Cutie Mark" and "Dress Like a Pony."  The little girls played "Rainbow Dash Dash" and "Apple Jack Water Balloon Pass." She didn't play any games or do any of the crafts until we'd been there for about two hours. The party lasted two and a half hours.  Bless her sweet little heart. She came out of her shell about 30 minutes before we had to leave.  She decided to dress up as Twilight Sparkle and ride a pony. She managed to get in a lot of fun before it was time to go.

I don't mind that she's shy.  I don't mind if she wants to stay close to me, to Deron, to her siblings.  She's growing up so fast, and I don't want to push her to be something she's not.  Right now, she's trying to learn how to be herself, and herself is a little shy.  It won't last forever.




No comments: