Graduation

Graduation

Friday, December 20, 2013

Every day math...

We are meeting with our financial adviser today.  He's fantastic.  He asks great questions and helps us get excited about our goals.

I love math.  I always have.  I was always math/science oriented, and that hasn't changed a bit.

I can still see my amazing middle/high school math teacher's face. Her name was Mrs. Wallace. She was a phenomenal teacher who adored math.  I'd say she was bubbling with excitement except she wasn't exactly a bubbly kind of person. But she helped to lay a foundation that I can build on, even now and understand our situation some how many years later? And I am certain she did the same for countless other students.

I do wish I'd been taught consumer math application. Math that was going to help me in a every day real life kind of way.  Mortgages, credit, interest, savings, retirement...so on and so forth.  So I am learning...mostly through necessity, but I'm enjoying it.  I am fired up and ready to put some pedal to the metal.

This calculator can give your dreams wings. http://www.daveramsey.com/article/investing-calculator/lifeandmoney_investing/#/entry_form  Think the power of compound interest...

I read a Dave Ramsey financial devotional on my YouVersion app recently.  And you know what story was referenced?  The tortoise and the hare... who wins every time?  Lord, help us be good stewards of our financial blessings.  Some years, it has seemed like our baskets have had holes in them, and it's very discouraging to look back and see such poor choices.  However, we have learned a LOT!

Here's to new, more precise goals, better advise, and steady, hard work.

Girls making cards last week...

No comments: