Graduation

Graduation

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy Birthday, Hannah!

My dear, sweet Hannah,
I simply cannot believe you have turned seven years old.  It feels like just yesterday when we were in a rush to get to the hospital...when I held your precious baby-self for the very first time.  It feels like I just heard you cry, just watched you smile, just felt those tiny fingers wrap around mine.

You have grown into one of the most tenderhearted and lovely little girls I've ever met.  You have a kind demeanor and a very intuitive personality.  You absolutely do not want anyone hurt in any way whatsoever.  You're my girl who cries at movies and still loves to sit in my lap for your reading lesson.

You started first grade this year, and you're bopping right along doing great!  I'm not surprised a bit, and I'm pretty sure math is your strongest subject.  You just "get it." We are participating in a co-op this year, and it has been such a blessing to our family.  You've made several friends, and you've stepped up in your role as a big sister.  You have continuously taken Grace under your wing in all of your classes to help her adapt to something new, even as you're adapting to the same new thing.  Words cannot express how proud I am of you and all you've accomplished.

This year was a big year for you.  You asked for a home in the church back in April and got to enjoy your first communion and foot washing service.  You told us that you felt like God told you in your heart and mind to join the church.  It was a very special time, and I hope that you will mark it in your memory and always remember how you felt that day.

I know you will continue to grow up.  It won't be long until you're hitting double digits and life gets a little more confusing.  I know that these days of young girlhood will come to an end in the very near future just as your babyhood slipped away like a vapor.  But until then, I'm going to let you enjoy your make-believe games, play with dolls, dance around the living room in your ballet clothes, create tea parties, and be a fabulous little girl.  I want you to look back and have enjoyed your childhood.  I want you to remember with a smile on your face, little one.

I love you very much.  My love for you is indescribable, but always remember that God loves you even more.

Love,
Mommy

























No comments: