Graduation

Graduation

Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Two Sets of Babies...and they're not babies anymore.

People, mainly strangers, tend to ask on a regular basis if all of my children are mine.  It used to bother me, but not anymore.  It is a rude question, to be sure, but it really doesn't bother me anymore.  They are such a blessing in our lives.  They are close in age, but with any age gap, there are advantages and disadvantages. 

 I love it because it's what we have.  I don't know any other age gap.  My boys are 18 months apart, and my girls are 16 months apart.  And the boys and girls are 26 months apart. 

There were days that all I wanted to do was sit down and cry with them, but there were/are also days when I realized what a blessing it is that they have one another.  (There are still days I want to lock myself in the bathroom and cry with an overwhelmed heart when I feel like I can't keep up.)   But they are all together.  They love each other.  They really do, and they act like it most of the time.

I'll tell you what I tell people.  I couldn't have planned it any better if I'd have tried.  And that is the truth.  I am thankful, and I love my children with the fierceness of a mama bear.  That is also the truth. 

Good days.  Bad days.  Busy days.  Boring days. And crazy days.  I am thankful to get the opportunity to be with them. I'm thankful to be able to be there.  Day in and day out.  I am thankful.  Truly.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Sweet, Sweet post! They are all sweeties. I know you are thankful, it shows! Love you all, Aunt Beth

Mam-ma said...

I am thankful, too!

jeni said...

This is so true! None of our babies has been "planned" - except by our Heavenly Father - and we wouldn't have it any other way! Even if #1 will be in college by the time #3 is in the 4th grade.