Graduation

Graduation

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Crazy kid...


This is Daniel...my class clown...all muscle...all boy...little boy.  Don't tell him I said he was little, either.  Some days, he makes me want to laugh and scream at the same time.  He's hilarious and kind hearted most of the time.  Except to Hannah.  He has no patience with her.  Sure, he loves her, but she can get on his nerves.  And he has to move...a lot...if I want him to focus during our school time.  We work in bursts.  You can sort of see him burst.  When he completes an assignment, he sort of bursts out of his chair to move a little before we move on to the next thing.  If I'm reading aloud to them, he must have copywork, coloring, blocks, something to keep his hands busy or else he gets the wiggles.  Major wiggles.  He listens better...comprehends better if his hands are busy.  He earned his advanced red belt at karate last week, and his instructor had him demonstrate a tornado kick to his classmates.  He was thrilled to be the center of attention.  What's funny is that kick is the only kick he spends time on at home because he thinks it's "awesome."  He drives me crazy and makes me happy.  He's a nut, my Daniel.


No comments: