Graduation

Graduation

Monday, November 1, 2010

Update: The Princess Haircut

These photos are pre haircut fix. Well, I tried to fix it, but this was Friday. We went Saturday to get them to even her out from my efforts.

Sooo, Hannah loved getting her hair cut so much that she finished it off herself the other day.

And for those who want to know: No, we don't actually leave the scissors out for the kids to play with! She used a kitchen stool to climb to the top of the bookshelf while I was sick with a stomach virus and Deron had left to go to the bank. I was too sick and too slow, I suppose. And she was much too quiet during all of her fun.

She immediately wanted her princess hair back. I'm ashamed to say this, but I freaked out! Completely. It was a short lived freak out, but she cried...I cried...we both cried and cried. In my feeble defense, I was sick. Seriously. I'm no good to anyone or anything without sleep or food, and I was suffering from the lack of both. Deron called me from the bank to get the account number, and we were crying and crying. So now, all the strangers at the bank know what a crazy lady I am. {sigh}


There was no way we could get it fixed for another week. We had a church meeting to go to, and Deron wasn't able to help with the other children durning the week. So I had to fix it the best I could, and I have to pat myself on the back. It wasn't too terrible this week.

We went this morning, and the stylist fixed her right up. She blended it and fixed it up in the front to disguise the front of her hair where she cut it down to about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. Also, I thought she had bedhead before... Short hair creates worse bedhead. Fact.




It looks really good on her, but it's such a dramatic change. It's taken a while to get used to.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I would have cried too! I thought you had quit your blog, clearly I didn't know you had changed it. I'm so glad you all are doing well. The kids are growing like crazy, tell everyone we said hi! Hope to see ya soon!