Graduation

Graduation

Friday, June 17, 2011

Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

So generally, I'm not a fan of whole-wheat cookies but this recipe is delicious!  Oh my!  I love whole wheat bread, rolls, etc., etc., but the only times I have ever tried whole wheat flour in cookies, they turned out tough and crumbly.  These are yummy!

1 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar*
3/4 cup sugar*
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
 (* I used granulated honey crystals.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together first six ingredients.  Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and oats.  Add and mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Roll into 1-1 1/2 inch balls.  Place on cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.

1 comment:

jeni said...

Ooh, I can't wait to try them! My experience with whole-wheat cookies has been like yours, but I'm excited to try these out.