Graduation

Graduation

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Daniel

To my sweet, adventurous, crazy, blonde-headed, blue-eyed, handsome boy on your 8th birthday,

Your changes this year have been a joy to behold.  You're one of the wittiest knuckleheads I know, and yet, you can be very sensitive.

There was a day last month that you were playing some sort of pirate adventure game in the backyard, and you were leading the way.  Grace couldn't make it up the hill, so you ran back to pick up your struggling comrade.  No one had to tell you that's what a big brother should do.  No one had to teach you a lesson that day.  It was a lesson you had, obviously, already learned.

You are a high energy kid who loves to get his school assignments done as soon as you possibly can.  Play time is, apparently, something you can never get back.

You have many of your daddy's traits.  You are a critical thinker, and if you think something is possible, you can think of a logical way to present your idea to me.  Even when your idea is crazy, you have a knack for presentation that keeps me from being able to rebut rationally.

I am thankful for you.  You keep me laughing.  You keep me on my toes.  You are a blessing.
I love you, dear boy.
Love,
Mom

No comments: